WIP Tracking, Reporting,Traceability
Track WIP Real-time by
The SPEDE Work-in-Process Control solution enables you to Label, Track and Trace WIP inventory by individually serialized unit.
You can track individual WIP units in real-time, eliminate manual spreadsheets, and view real-time production data 24/7, to better control scheduling and resources and increase the efficiency of your plant operations.
Highlights of SPEDE WIP Control:
- Prints serialized WIP tracking labels on-demand
- Tracks WIP at a granular level, by serialized unit
- Automates Production Reporting via scanning, weigh scales or PLCs
- Real-time WIP inquiries by Part, Location, Qty, Work Order, Production Date, S/N, etc.
- Optional WIP FIFO control
- Assigns QC Holds by Lot / S/N
- Verifies WIP Routing via scanning S/N
- Inter-Plant Transfers Tracks WIP serial numbers shipped offsite for processing
- Updates host ERP system automatically
- Lot / Serial Traceability Creates serialized traceabilityfrom Receipt of Raw Material units into WIP
This module of the SPEDE Real-time Material Control System can be implemented as a standalone inventory solution, or in combination with other SPEDE Material Control System modules.
SPEDE Work-in-Process is a PC server-based solution that manages communications with all weigh scales, PLCs scanning and printing devices connected to the SPEDE WiFi network. It transacts with any host ERP system, providing real-time data exchange and automatic host updates.
For More Information, Download:
- Plant Diagram of SPEDE Functionality from Receiving to Shipping
- Flow Diagram of WIP Traceability with Critical Tracking Events
- More Resources and White Papers
Call us: 888.808.4237
Real-time Production Data - 24/7
Real-time WIP Visibility
Make smarter planning decisions, and ensure critical resources are available to meet production schedules. You'll have access to current, accurate Work-in-Process information at a granular level instead of the summary data provided by ERP systems.
SPEDE WIP Control maintains a real-time database of production totals that you can access 24/7. If you're running a mult-shift operation, you can see:
- Real-time Production totals: by Part Nbr, Work Order, Shift, Machine, Work Cell, etc.
- Warehoused Work-in-Process units: by Part, location, quantity, serial number, status, etc.
- Inter-Plant Transfers and Outsourced WIP: by serial number, location, etc.
- Serialized WIP units on "QC Hold"
Electronic WIP Traceability
As a by-product of scanning serialized WIP inventory transactions, SPEDE creates a history of backward / forward WIP traceability data for easy data mining if a QC issue occurs.
These scanned transactions, or "Critical Tracking Events", are stored in the SPEDE Event Database and can be analyzed using standard data mining tools. They are the "Who, What, When, Where, Which " details you'll need to:
- Pinpoint the start of a QC problem
- Identify specific Lots / Serial numbers of affected WIP units
- Analyze suspect WIP units by Part, Work Order, Machine, Run Date, Shift, etc.
- Trace Backward to Raw Material components, Lots, Serial numbers, Suppliers, etc.
- Trace Forward to Finished Goods Part Numbers, Lots, Serial numbers
Back to top